TBI Injector replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1Kurgan1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well my 91 K2500 has been misifiring since I got it on the road 3 months ago. I did plugs, wires, cap, rotor and that didn't fix it. So I checked the timing and it was retarded 4 degrees, so I set it back to 0. That fixed the misfiring, but it still seemed down on power. I went on a 800 mile trip after than and it ran just fine, but when I got back home after I drove another 200 miles it started up again and got even worse. So I change the fuel filter, IAC, EGR Valve, EGR Solenoid, and Ignition Coil. When I did the coil I realized my injectors looked like they were leaking or dripping. So I bought a gasket kit for the TB and re-gasketed the top end of it hoping it would be a leaking gasket rather than an injector.

But that didn't fix that, I was going to try and put new O-Rings on the injectors, but I can't figure how to remove them. I would assume once I got the top of the TB off and remove the electrical connections from the injectors that the only thing holding them in is the O-Rings. But there really isn't anything I can see to grab onto to pull it out except the small electrical prongs sticking up. And I really don't want to do that and break something off then be stuck with broken injectors in there.

Anyways, seeing if anyone has tips on getting the injectors out, and if anyone knows how bad of a misfire a leaking injector would cause. I can only go about 5% throttle, any more and it misfires and I lose speed, I can't get over 45 mph right now it misfires so bad. And sadly this is my only vehicle right now :/

So broke

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the top of the injectors have a lil lip that you can use to lift them out. i used two screwdrivers one flathead on phillips. the phillips is put under the flathead like lever.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They will come out they just need some help like stated above, you can either try to replace the injector filters to see if that is causing the drip or send them off to be rebuilt and flow matched to RC Fuel Injection.