TBI Crate Engine Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I swapped the stock 1228747 ECM for a newer 16197427 (really easy swap actually), installed a zif socket in the new PCM and run the program from an Ostrich 2.0 emulator. I use TunerPro RT on a laptop to do the program mods/data logging. I'm actually taking the truck in today to have a wideband O2 sensor and A/F Ratio gauge installed so I can do more open loop tuning.

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I swapped the stock 1228747 ECM for a newer 16197427 (really easy swap actually), installed a zif socket in the new PCM and run the program from an Ostrich 2.0 emulator. I use TunerPro RT on a laptop to do the program mods/data logging. I'm actually taking the truck in today to have a wideband O2 sensor and A/F Ratio gauge installed so I can do more open loop tuning.
Awesome. I like it

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I bought a 92 GMC RCSB with an ATK stage 1 Vortec 350 in it. 350hp/400ftlbs or so the motor dyno said. I used a Fitech EFI. The guy had the truck running and it was ok. My buddy actually drove it from MO to FL for me. Got 25mpg. But the factory TBI can not keep up and of course the ECU issues. I just put a FiTech EFI on mine. The unit itself works very well. But be patient and be ready to find every vacuum leak and exhaust leak you have.

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
You could build a std or 383 allot cheaper with already machined summit block cast / hypereutectic pre-balanced rotating assembly. Your heads lapped valves new seal. Ide say probably 1/2.
You just have do a little work.