TBI 4l80e experts needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joe yuhaus

Reaction score
when you carb a tbi truck with the 4l80e your computer is no longer running the engine but your able to trick it into running the transmission still. my question is how is this done because want to run a standalone 6.0 in mine not a carburated motor but I want to wire whatever sensors needed up to make the trans shift. I've been able to find out that guys hook up a holley carb TPS to the original TPS plug. so I know I need to wire that plug to my 6.0 TPS but that can't be all.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
The 4L80 only needs TPS and tach signal and a wheel speed signal to run. If you are running a fuel injected 6.0 just use the 6.0 PCM to control it. Why reinvent the wheel?

Stokes1114

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes exactly, just use the one PCM to run the 6.0 and 80e. Any PCM that runs a 6.0, can run the 80e as well. Find pinouts of your truck and the 6.0's donor and wire accordingly. Tps, speed and possibly tach. Would have to look through my notes.