TBI 305 Intake Manifold - leaking oil & coolant, worth upgrading?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Well the truck should be back in action soon here and there's going to be some engine issues to address.. the intake manifold gasket seems to be leaking oil and possibly some coolant, wondering if its worth upgrading the manifold for a little more flow. I can assume the intake manifolds between 305s and 350s are interchangeable? If so, i'd pull that intake off and reuse it in the future on a new crate 350..

Just wondering if it's worth the money for the upgrade, seeing as i'll be pulling it off anyways.

Green95Hoe

Rollin in tha big hoe
Reaction score
This was ported after. The 3704's come from Edelbrock with stock 46mm bore size.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The edelbrock intakes are a good gain if you have the ability to adjust fuel psi and burn a new chip for it. I have read almost everyone has has done one has had lean issues and more bad than good, the stock intake is good for a stock engine or even bolt ons, you could just smooth all the intake runners on the intake to help some.