Tailgate skins n roll pans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of good things about Grant but I'm wondering what you mean by tailgate skin? On a GMT400 there would be no such thing, just a filler panel for a handle flip.

Best roll pans ever were Sir Michaels but they're gone, after many years in the biz.

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I know what a tailgate skin is, but have never seen one for a GMT400 tailgate since they're already smooth, no indentations, recesses, etc. that you might cover up like you would on a squarebody or older gate. Which BTW I think look terrible but that's just my personal opinion.

Either way the answer stands, Grant seems to make good stuff, but any/all of it will require further massaging for best fit/appearance since OEM sheetmetal has plenty of variances so your piece won't necessarily match the piece they modeled their parts on.

Richard

Oldkid

Reaction score
I punch louvers....the best way to put louvers on roofs and deck lids is to louver a skin and weld over a panel, with weep holes not to trap moisture...it's a process.

Attachments

• louverd.jpg
    louverd.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited: