Tailgate Handle Relocator kits...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm looking at tailgate handle relocator kids and I'm wondering if there is anything I should look out for? The reason I ask is because I'm seeing some kits on eBay that look to be decent quality for $20 but then I see others as high as $80. Are there any I should stay away from or are some just over priced due to brand name?

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Mine is the $20 kit from ebay, only downside is that it didn't come with instructions and the holes for the bracket for the handle were off so I had to make 2 of the holes bigger

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mine is the $20 kit from ebay, only downside is that it didn't come with instructions and the holes for the bracket for the handle were off so I had to make 2 of the holes bigger

That's good to know. I can handle making bigger holes or other slight modifications. Was it very difficult to install without the instructions? The only thing that worries me if I don't get instructions is knowing exactly where to cut on the backside of the tailgate.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
That's good to know. I can handle making bigger holes or other slight modifications. Was it very difficult to install without the instructions? The only thing that worries me if I don't get instructions is knowing exactly where to cut on the backside of the tailgate.

I got texted dean (bow61509) and he sent me pics of it, it really isn't to bad of an install and can't really mess up the hole haha