Tahoe Limited woes...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domestic62000

Reaction score
hey everyone, new to the suv scene, i am up near Seattle. i have a 2000 tahoe limited and cant wait to do a few things to her. ive got a few things in mind, such as a nice drop kit, and 20's possibly 22's. thing is, such a pain in the ass finding 5x5 (5x127) wheels! weird lug pattern, i know i can convert or get adapters. first question is this.. while im waiting for the wheels to fall out of the sky into my lap, how low can i go running stock setup? currently has 25570R16 all around. im in contact with one shop that wants to do a 5/6 drop, and said i need at least a 17" to clear once its dropped. is this correct?
well i hope to get some good feedback, ill post pics of her in the am.

domestic62000

Reaction score
the kit has 3" springs and 2" spindles in the front, and the rear 2" shackle and 2" hanger, shocks all around. as i said before, im new to this whole scene.. my experience lies with subaru wagons and nissan (skyline, gtr etc..).
thanks!

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
With drop spindles you have to trim the lower control arm to fit 15" wheels not sure about 16's though

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome brethren... Keep those LIMITED wheels, they are most wanted among the 2wd GMT400s but again welcome its good 2 have another unicorn here along with a great group of obs owners...

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What wheels are you wanting that you can't find in 5x5? That's only the most popular 5 lug pattern ever... :shrug:

domestic62000

Reaction score
thanks for the welcome! good to know theres some other limited hoe-owners out there.
well i been trying to find local wheels, im up in washington. everyone has 5x5.5 or 6 lug. i could easily just buy brand new, but i try to count my pennies at all costs..

domestic62000

Reaction score
thanks for the welcome! good to know theres some other limited hoe-owners out there.
well i been trying to find local wheels, im up in washington. everyone has 5x5.5 or 6 lug. i could easily just buy brand new, but i try to count my pennies at all costs..

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Great to see a limited hoe. This group here is definitely a good one. We should be able to help with anything you need to know.

Most likely sent from a government flagged smartphone. Tyler/T-Unit