Tahoe Limited seat wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good to hear, I will check the ground on my drivers side. On the passenger side mine will not come on without someone seating in the seat and the seatbelt must be fasten for it to come on.

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Those heating elements are embedded into the foam bun, when the stuff is molded. Only way to replace the element is to replace the foam. Good luck on finding that! If you ever do, let me know. Been looking for a pair of those for a long time. GM discontinued them years ago.
My buckets came out of a '97 Escalade. The heater control next to the positioning controls on the seat.
My black truck came with a bench. When I hooked up the stereo, I ran a 4ga wire off of the battery to under the passenger seat, into a distribution block that has four spots to hook the amps into. I only used two. So, I used the other two for the power to the seats. I grounded the seats to the front inside floor bolts, then ran every wire that is for power to dist. block. Since the heaters don't work in mine, there is no constant draw for power. Only an occasional draw when adjusting the seats. Not enough to worry about burning anything up. And the 4ga. is fused anyhow. It's been wired like this for 7 years. Never had a prob.

kyotey1693

Reaction score
Those heating elements are embedded into the foam bun, when the stuff is molded. Only way to replace the element is to replace the foam. Good luck on finding that! If you ever do, let me know. Been looking for a pair of those for a long time. GM discontinued them years ago.
My buckets came out of a '97 Escalade. The heater control next to the positioning controls on the seat.
My black truck came with a bench. When I hooked up the stereo, I ran a 4ga wire off of the battery to under the passenger seat, into a distribution block that has four spots to hook the amps into. I only used two. So, I used the other two for the power to the seats. I grounded the seats to the front inside floor bolts, then ran every wire that is for power to dist. block. Since the heaters don't work in mine, there is no constant draw for power. Only an occasional draw when adjusting the seats. Not enough to worry about burning anything up. And the 4ga. is fused anyhow. It's been wired like this for 7 years. Never had a prob.

Are you positive about the element being embedded? I read quite a bit on some tahoe forums and most of those guys have actually managed to change the heating pad without even removing the seat wrap, let alone the cushion. I found a really good write up on one of them that had tons of pics. I think it can be done if you have enough patience.

The center inserts on mine are cracked out. I plan on having a suede insert put in later in the future and replacing both elements at that time. Those leather seats are a little too slippery for me. I think the suede will help plant my ass. :)

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Hmmm...maybe there is a dif between years. The esky seats that I have, the heaters were embedded right in the foam. Little tiny wires, that had to be puled out one by one, without messing up the rest of it. They were all broken, & had actually melted the foam everywhere that they had been shorting out. They wires had to come out. Didn't need a new recover to be stabbed with that stuff. From the inside out. No surprises, know what I mean? Lol!