T DOG's Audio System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Really glad I stumbled upon this thread. Not a fan of the look of the single DIN units in these dashes, and don't want to go through the work of installing a double din. I can keep my factory unit and use PAC and Navone products to hook up the new components, amp and subs. Pimp!

Here's what I used:

You must be registered for see images attach

Plugs in where the factory aux cd player would in the oem radio. It also has a couple "aux in" jacks so you can plug other things in if you want.

Charges the iphone and allows you to control it from the stock GM radio.

I started off with this:

When I just had an ipod.

Then went to this:

And then this:

Then I moved to an iphone and since I had TomTom on it I needed it mounted in line of sight. So I use a windshield mount and moved the cable here:

and altered the lower console for (what I hope is) the last time:

The USA spec unit is great though. Plug it in and control the iphone from the stock radio. The steering wheel buttons even still work and can fwd and back on the iphone music list.

Cheers

Last edited:

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Pretty Slick.

Thanks.

How did that LOC work for you?

I've been looking for something that will take the radio high levels and give a sub out as well as remote turn on for the amps.

Only thing I've found so far that fits what I want is the relatively expensive AudioControl LC2i.

Last edited:

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks.

How did that LOC work for you?

I've been looking for something that will take the radio high levels and give a sub out as well as remote turn on for the amps.

Only thing I've found so far that fits what I want is the relatively expensive AudioControl LC2i.

After all that work wiring it up I never even tried it out. I'm sure it would have got the job done though. It has a remote turn on built into it but no EQ control. It boosts the signal level output to 9.5 Volts per channel.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
May I ask where you saw the 9.5 volt per channel?

I've even looked on the Aerpro ap3044 web page (the manufacturer) and they don't state the output.

There's a big diff between the 20-30 bucks for the aerpro and the 100 bucks for a lc2i.

I'd rather not spend 5 times the money, but I am looking for a quality unit and will pay for it if I have to.

It's too bad you never ran it to at least find out what it sounds like.

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is the LOC that I have uses the same circuitry as their NE-774V LOC. So I would assume that the one I have has signal level permanently set at the maximum 9.5 Volts. You would have to contact them to confirm that.

Last edited:

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Looks like perhaps another "peoples republic of china" deal. The Navone one you've used and the Airpro one looks identical right down to the blue/clear color of the box and blue RCA leads. Additionally, they're all over ebay for about 10-15 bucks. Ps4800 seems to be the one.

Same with a few more of the Navone products I saw on the web site.

I despise companies that try to pass cheap china mass produced things off as their own "specially designed" product. You end up paying more for the same junk you could get elsewhere at a price that reflects the real quality of the unit.

I might risk the 10 bucks on ebay to see what i get, but I'll probably still pick up and lc2i when i go home on vacation. Lc2i's can be bought at a major electronics chain store here in Canada and I've yet to read a bad review on the unit that wasn't some kid griping about what is a user or installation problem. Audio control (claimed builder company of the unit) is also based in washington state. They might get their stuff from china also, bit I've yet to find someone selling something that even looks similar.

Actually, my curiosity is peaked a bit. I think i'll pick one up off ebay and then compare it to the lc2i when i get one. Run one one left and one on right channels and fade them back and forth to compare.

I feel a video coming on......:)

Last edited:

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most electronics are from China these days.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
hey great white so that thing just pugs into the stock stereo where the cd player plugs in and then your good to go?