Synchro NP205 Transfer Twin Stick Mod???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vettepilot

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hiya,

I bet this has been well covered, but I can't find anything definitive and/or recent.

1980 Blazer with synchro NP205. I want to twin stick it, and I want to have 2 wheel front only capability for various reasons. This is all well covered for non-synchro 205's.

But what about synchro 205's??? How does that go??
(As detailed as possible; I'm a very good mechanic but new at this aspect.)

Someone will ask so---> no rock crawling nor anything bigger than 35's in my case, just want the ease and versatility of full twin stick operation.

Note: I already converted to part time hubs.

Thanks!!
Vettepilot

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
do not know but there is some that do but I have to ask why stop at a twin stick setup when could get a 203 pull the range box and do a doubler or better a triple stick doubler I can ony dream of how cool that would be paired with a early nv4500 and 45:38 gears you could pull push tow haul any thing

Vettepilot

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't need lower gearing at all for my use. I just want twin stick operation, and the ability to switch to front wheel drive only when needed.

Thanks,
Vettepilot

Vettepilot

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
By looking at bearing cover. Plus, it used to be "full time 4wd" and I added the locking hubs.

Vettepilot

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
By looking at bearing cover. Plus, it used to be "full time 4wd" and I added the locking hubs.

Vettepilot
never heard of a 205 that was full time are you shore that it is a 205 and not a 203 they are both cast iron 205 is part time gear driven case 203 if a full time chain drive case with a removeable range box