Sylvania headlight housings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dylan97C1500

Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone knew if GM changed the headlight assemblies. i bought a new pair of headlights because of the yellowing of the originals, but when i got the new ones they did not say Sylvania on them in the corner like the originals they just said GM in the corner. im curious of why. if anyone has an idea it would be great to know.

Last edited:

DR CHOP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gm outsourced them to a different company a few years back. I think theynarenmade in mexico now.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
GM has been known to change part manufacturers periodically to cut costs. I like cutting costs, so I just went with cheap aftermarket ones off Ebay and they seem fine.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
GM has been known to change part manufacturers periodically to cut costs. I like cutting costs, so I just went with cheap aftermarket ones off Ebay and they seem fine.

hahah lol, but he wont have to worry about leaks and fogging up or melting and cracking that comes with cheapo ebay lights.

Dylan97C1500

Reaction score
hahah lol, but he wont have to worry about leaks and fogging up or melting and cracking that comes with cheapo ebay lights.

that would be the exact reason i bought them lol i bought the parking and corners from them too.
Working in a body shop myself ive put front ends back together with cheapo aftermarket brands (at clients wish to save money). they always seem to have those issues.

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
I just went thru this. I could not find any new Sylvania assemblies. The stock replacements that I could find were made by TYC and they didn't fit well.
I tried 3 different cheap Ebay clear w/ bulb shroud (I wanted to run HIR9012 low beams) assemblies but they either didn't fit well or the adjusters broke.
I finally paid the money for a set of DEPO brand clear headlight assemblies without the low beam shroud. I run the HIR9012 bulb in these assemblies despite the lack of a bulb shroud.
The DEPO brand fit the best but they do need a little tweaking to get the grille opening gaps even. They have an even and wide light pattern comparable to my 2006 Grand Cherokee and I haven't been flashed by oncoming traffic yet for headlight glare.
The HIR9012 low beam bulbs I run supposedly put out 1875 lumens so I was worried about glare.
Very happy with them so far.