swapping steering columns in a 94

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadian93ck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
my 94 steering column is pretty beat up, the signal arm is broken and the wiper and cruz control wires have been pulled out i have a parts truck 93 same options, including tilt, whats the easiest way to swap these, i was thinking is there a way to unbolt the whole thing and cut wires low and swap steering wheel and all?

Luke

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the wires unplug. gotta unbolt the steering shaft in the engine bay. some bolts on the firewall, and 2 bolts on the column support.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the wires unplug. gotta unbolt the steering shaft in the engine bay. some bolts on the firewall, and 2 bolts on the column support.

^^This is it. It only takes an hour or two to swap out the column. Also dont forgot the little tab up top for the gear selector.

Charby

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not hard at all i took one out of my parys truck will be swaping it soon

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
it's not a bad job... i put a 94 tilt column in my 89.

here's a pic with the bolts loose:

You must be registered for see images attach

here's a pic of the 94 column. everything was plug and play.. don't cut anything. I put some paint on my shifter linkage under the hood to get it back in adjustment as it was before i took it loose... it's really an hour or two job max. I recommend getting a helper when pulling old one out and putting the new one back in so you don't snag a wire under the dash and cause more problems.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LilCVY