suspension question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

az_eric

Reaction score
So I have a 92 c1500 ecsb that I use for work. I install cable tv and haul around 2 ladders spools of cables cable boxes ect. I will be putting a camper shell on it in a few months also. So anyways I have about 270k miles and the front end is completely shot. I want to lower the truck a bit make it look a little better and was thinking of doing 2/4 or a 3/4 drop. I was looking at the djm set up and since I need to replace all the bushing and ball joints was thinking of getting the drop control arms and upper tubular control arms. Was looking through all the threads in here were people are saying not to get the drop control arms. Why is it everyone says to stay away from drop arms. Also what would you cuz recommend for me?

az_eric

Reaction score
Well thats the thing my bushings are non exsistant. all the rubber in the control arms are gone and the holes where the bushings go are ovaled out i dont think i could fit new bushings. so I need new control arms and this would get 2 birds with one stone. was just wondering why everyone says spindle over control arm drop?

az_eric

Reaction score
i know what available but you still haven't answered the question.

Reaction score
The reason against drop lower arms is it's just a waste of money. There's nothing wrong with them. Drop spindles will be the best for a small drop up front, it changes nOnE of the geometry of the suspension. If you decide you still want to go lower, add drop springs. And if you want to go even LoWeR, like bag it... The spindles were the best investment. The drop lower arms would be worthless.

As for the rear, as mentioned, drop hangers will do it.
Want even lower, a flip kit. Your honesty best answer would be to check out some of the static drop pics where people have done the 2/3, 2/4, 4/6 and so on... Then decide which drop would suit your taste.
But, dropped lower control arms will change your geometry, and unless it's for an I don't ever want to go lower deal. They just aren't worth it compared to just going with dropped spindles.

baddbradd

Reaction score
I bought 2" drop Arms, and 1" drop springs...My ball-joints are shot as well as the bushings....I guess folks don't understand the question.....If my suspension were good, I'd have done spindles