Suspension overhaul questions and help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
not gonna be rude here but id buy stuff from your local parts store with a warranty, rock auto didnt warranty my front end parts like i wouldve liked before. id agree with replacing bushings and shocks now, steering box if thats worn but unlikely at 90k

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
True, I try to always buy stuff locally with a lifetime warranty. Tend to have less problems and if you do, easy to resolve.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not gonna be rude here but id buy stuff from your local parts store with a warranty, rock auto didnt warranty my front end parts like i wouldve liked before. id agree with replacing bushings and shocks now, steering box if thats worn but unlikely at 90k

That's interesting. RA says it has a lifetime warranty so that's disappointing if they wouldn't honor it.. I try to buy most stuff locally, but I'm not going to pay 2x. Also, I've purchased other lifetime warranty parts and sometimes I'd rather have a better part that is not warrantied vs a warrantied part that I have to take the time and energy to replace every year.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
to me moog is crap now, dont like them at all anymore, so it doesnt matter what parts i get, ive gotten pretty good at pulling it all apart that i can do it rather quickly with minimal effort. i tried to replace a few things and they said my warranty expired idk maybe i got a bad sales rep that day, i just know that between 5 trucks we havent spent money on replacing steering boxes, brake parts, front end parts or anything for a few years.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, ordered everything up. Only thing I didn't order were the rear struts. I decided to go with the Bilstien 4600s which are a stock replacement. The rears confuse me because there are 2 different part numbers and I don't understand the difference. Once says "comfort". Not sure what the difference is or what the current ones on my truck are.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This job has taken me a bit more energy and time than I anticipated. Oh well, it will get done eventually.

Have a problem with my lower control arm. I cannot remove it from the torsion bar. I have loosened the torsion bar bracket in the back and there is no load on it at all. I've removed everything that the CA is connected to, ball joint, strut, end link, and both CA mounting bolts. I cannot for the life of me get that torsion bar to come out of the CA.

Any thoughts?!

Last edited:

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score

/\ This.............

to me moog is crap now

YES!!! They have the same name but not the same quality as in the past......

I bought a set of lower Moog B/J's from Rock Auto, had the machine shop install them ( this is when I removed my 7.5" lift and the truck was apart ) I put the truck together and drove it 2 miles to the shop and the B/J's were junk.... I had to pay another $450 ( no Vaseline mind you ) for them to install new lower Moog B/j's one week later they were doing warranty work on my lower B/J's..... Yes they were junk, I told them to install OEM B/J's and its been great for a year now........NO problems FAWK Moog!! I have not bought from Rock Auto since then do to there return policy's................I BUY LOCAL!!!!

ive had great buying experience from RA but it only takes one time for me to say >>>........Fawk you!

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Couldn't get the torsion bar out of the control arm. Finally went back to trying to press the LCA bushings out with the ball joint press. Had to cut a couple of different length rings out of some exhaust pipe I had laying around to get the rear LCA bushing out. Finally got it. Impact wrench was not getting the job done to press everything back in. Fortunately I had a Bauer 100 flex breaker bar I was able to use to get my bushings and ball joints pressed in.

Good news is that I got all the bushings and ball joints in. Bad news is that somewhere along the way I lost one of the bushings for the end link. I'm tired of working on it tonight, so hopefully I can find it in the morning and finish putting it together. Then I'll decide when I have the energy to do the other side.

Last edited: