Sun Visor bracket mounting help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott88short

Reaction score
View media item 32702Hey guys - newbie on the forum. have a dumb question because i removed both sun visor brackets to repaint and install new visors and didn't take note of how they mount back to the roof. I have tried several times to get one on and really frustrated. could someone post a pic of the sun visor mount for either side so I can at least mount it correctly? still have to figure out the left from the right one, but at least knowing the configuration of the bracket in terms of which holds go where would be a great help.

Scott88short

Reaction score
thanks for the threads. Those are different brackets, seems different. I guess I will make a trip the salvage yard and hope to find some still mounted. If someone could shoot me a pic of their 88 - 98 truck, I think I can figure out the correct position how it should mount the ceiling, which holes should be on top.

Last edited:

Scott88short

Reaction score
If someone could snap a pic of their 88-98 visor bracket and the orientation of the bracket, I think I can figure it out without going crazy.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

here's my 95, passenger side, sun visor just flipped down.
looks different from yours maybe it changed over the years.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's my 88 Silverado (if that makes any difference) bracket from the passenger seat.

And from the rear view mirror

Scott88short

Reaction score
Thank you, that's what I needed since i think they changed after 92. Mine do look different from both of the pics, but i think i see how it needs to mount.