suggest me new audio stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok so im getting tired of my old sony headunit

it only played my ipod on the right side because a wire has come off inside the faceplate where the hookup is

the headunit i have now is oooooo at least prolly 5 years old or so...right when they really started putting just the regular inputs in the headunits

now only thing i really want out of a new one is for it to be fairly inexpensive(no need for real high end stuff in dd), volume knob not buttons, and at least a regular input for my ipod

and the speakers i have are stock ones but i put a 6.5 sony i had in my drivers door but its in as bad as shape as the stock ones so im looking for a decently cheap but good sounding speakers for the front

eventually i will upgrade my massive 2 sub box on the back seat but for now i dont really wanna buy new sub and box and amp so thats later on

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For a headunit I would recommend a Sony CDX GT650UI or GT700HD, Sony has come along way with there headunits in the last few years. There headunits are back at the quality they where 10 years ago, which is great. Reviews for the 650UI are very good for the price. Lets put it this way, If I where in the market for a new headunit that's the one I would go with.

For speakers, go with Kicker. They will out perform a Pioneer or Sony speaker of equal quality all day long. Drop a set of KS650 Kickers in your doors and you'll have an awesome front stage. Now the rears your on your own lol A 4X6" speaker is just a poorly designed speaker in my opinion, you would be much better off finding a way to mount a 6" or a 6X9" speakers in the rear. You will never be happy with a 4X6 speaker, trust me. Check out my build thread, there might be some info in there on audio you might find helpful!

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
If you want to go cheap get a Pioneer head unit and speakers from Wal-Mart

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
our walmart has one ok pioneer headunit but it was almost 200 last i checked there, im not really looking to spend a whole lot just something that works better than what i got

closest best buy is over 30 miles away and im not over that way often or i would check out the other brands and stuff...not buy from there just check the stuff out in person

i will have to look into the kicker speakers

for the rear im not to worried...i cant hear anything from them over my loud obnoxious sony subs so for now they will just stay stock, but my rf speaker is hating life more every day it seems so those need to get replaced soon

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I love my head unit. Pioneer DEH-4200ub. Got it for $170 at Walmart about a year ago. It has both USB, and Aux inputs for ipod, the USB lets you control through the head unit, and charges the ipod at the same time. I love it, and it's fairly clean looking, not too many buttons. Look on youtube to see how to navigate it, it's pretty cool. I'm sure you could find one for cheaper on ebay or something.

As far as speakers, I have only had my current set of Polks in mine. Been there for 5-6 years, and they still sound great. Nice crisp sound, not much bass, but a subwoofer took care of that. The thing is, when I added the amp, I noticed I could drive them fairly loud without any clipping or distortion, I think they're great, but I don't know too much about what else is out there.

Rich32

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alpine or kenwood head unit. Kicker subs!! Kicker components are nice used to run polks they sounded great.

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is your budget? How much do you want to spend on the H/U? How much on the speakers? How many speakers? Do you want the abilty to add an amp(s)/sub in the future?