Subwoofers in Single Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also had a potted wedge box for a 12 behind the seats when it was a bench. Lost 1 click and it just wasn't enough bass.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
If you go the Prefab route, one of the wedge boxes + shallow mount woofer. They do have some really slim boxes that aren't really wedges depending on how much room you have.

I had a shallow mount 12" Pioneer sub halfway under my back bench seat and sitting on the tranny hump, did really well for what it was; pushed almost 500 rms to it and everyone thought i had way more than that!

This is the box that i had
https://www.amazon.com/Atrend-12SME...23255192&sr=8-2&keywords=atrend+shallow+mount

Atrend makes several shallow mount boxes, i feel like if you can find some shallow subs you like you can definitely find a box for them.

mountie

I sold my '88 C2500 to a happy guy in Germany
Reaction score
Easy.... simple..... I have a reg cab, and I have 2 subs in wedged boxes designed for the fit. They are 8".

I removed the rear jack/storage box 'thing' and put it in the bed, up front.

I have 2 JBL amps, ( front/rear speakers plus subs).
Photos show 8" pair of subs.... I am going to change to a GOOD 10" single sub w/ a dedicated 600 watt amp to push it .

I am 6'2" and the seat is all the way back.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

swervin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heres what i did.. 2 10s between 2 6x9s. Velcro inbetween each box and plugged into banana clip terminals, so you could easily pull them out and put them on the tail gate for beach fires or camping then someone stole my truck, gutted it and left it in a ditch.. atleast i have the truck back now!

RokRoland

Reaction score

Well I was looking at the aftermarket cup holders, but with this setup I could do just with a trash can for the cups and a long enough straw, as long as I put in a warning sticker "DON'T OPERATE AUDIO DEVICE WHILE POOL IS FULL".

mountie

I sold my '88 C2500 to a happy guy in Germany
Reaction score
I'd put my M&M's on it....

Well I was looking at the aftermarket cup holders, but with this setup I could do just with a trash can for the cups and a long enough straw, as long as I put in a warning sticker "DON'T OPERATE AUDIO DEVICE WHILE POOL IS FULL".