Suburban Brakes Super Touch After Sitting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since I bought a new vehicle, the suburban has been spending a lot of time in the garage. I started it up the other day and pulled it out of the garage. As soon as I touched the brake pedal the truck stopped so hard it almost threw me into the steering wheel. Down the whole length of the driveway every time I touched the brakes it would do the same thing. It looked like a new driver cliche.

Took it around the block and after a few more times of doing hard stops it went back to normal. New pads, rotors, reservoir is full.

1994 Suburban 5.7 TBI 4x2

Blind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Scale build-up on the rotors is adding thickness so the pads are grabbing a lot sooner and harder than usual, it's normal.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Scale build-up on the rotors is adding thickness so the pads are grabbing a lot sooner and harder than usual, it's normal.

That's what it sounds like to me as well, I know when I pull the Montes out after sitting all winter the brakes lock up for the first few stops, after driving for a bit, they are fine.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
It's just rust on the rotors. How you have never noticed this before confuses me. Every time it rains it does the same thing.

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's just rust on the rotors. How you have never noticed this before confuses me. Every time it rains it does the same thing.

Did I do something to piss you off? This is the not the first time its seems like I've caught attitude from you.

Last edited: