Sub enclosure for 97 GMC K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dandy Kiwi

Reaction score
Im pretty new to this thread but, I have looked a long time for subwoofer boxes on the internet. I can only find subwoofer boxes for an extended cab. Has anyone found or made a subwoofer enclosure for under the bench seat? I wouldnt mind taking the jack case out at all. If you have sub enclosure plans or have links to buy them please send!!
Thanks

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
I have a kicker 1x10 that fits right behind my seat in my 96 regular cab
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Super Crew Sound makes pre-fab boxes for standard cabs that go behind the seat just like what's posted above. Have to use some shallow mount subs, though. I made something similar for two shallow mount RF P3 12's. Haven't seen anyone selling anything pre-fab for under the seats, but you could probably design something. Personally I found it easier to remove the jack/storage box and use the space behind the seats. I have a toolbox, though. Plenty of space to put the jack somewhere else.

OlSmokie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm running a powered Kicker like 96C1500, and it looks like it was made for my '90, sounds fantastic and was a snap to install. I couldn't be happier.

Attachments

• BassStation.jpg
    BassStation.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 33

Dandy Kiwi

Reaction score
My truck is a club coupe with the 3rd door. so the 1st and 3rd subs wouldnt work

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
I'm running a powered Kicker like 96C1500, and it looks like it was made for my '90, sounds fantastic and was a snap to install. I couldn't be happier.
What sub is that? I like how you kept the storage box on the passenger side, I couldn't bring myself to cut it off. Mine is to tall to leave the storage there and put my seat where I like it with the sub on top of it, if that's what you did

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8