sub boxes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive never seen a professional use particle board. Havent ever seen it used by a manufacturer. I wouldnt use it for anything beside starting a fire. First choice for me would be MDF ultra lite. A 4x8x3/4 sheet is about 40lbs. next choice is regular mdf at about 105lbs. Baltic birch in 5x5 sheets is my next choice (no voids to vibrate).

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
ive never heard of this birch stuff. i think ill go with particle for now, no offense to anyone. im not looking for super punding bass, just a little and i was give free stuff so i thought id utilize it. lately its expense after expense with my truck with cooling system, engine, trans....whatever, so skimping on 2 sub bozxes in my mind isnt to bg of a deal.

as for how it will play out, ill have a box with the 2 10's in back and an 8" under the passenger seat

Rich32

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My enclosure is made from birch and it sounds great. I would go with birch

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Baltic Birch is used for cabinets and musical instrument enclosures because it is fairly light weight, is very rigid due to 9-12 layers, and because it (supposedly) has no voids, has less chance of resonating at some obnoxious frequency or two. It is also very tough-doesnt dent or break easily. With a sub box in a vehicle, All the above may or may not be an issue-except for the resonance thing.

Rich32

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't have any raw pics. I have some coated pics. I'll try an post I never can get it to post pics.