Stripping To Frame and Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrCTS

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been busy the past 2 weeks deciding what I should do, I decided to use my 96 sierra frame, it was in better shape. I am going to strip it completely down to bare frame and tires and spray some protectant on to help prevent rust/rust from spreading.

Anyone have any tips? I am pulling the engine out to replace it with a second full engine. The cab from the 97 chevy is going on the frame during the rebuild.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Take lots of pics so you know how everything goes back together is my advice

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Go to Walmart invest in tupperware and ziploc bags. Put all hardware in bags and label group like compobants in tupperware and label. Rake lots and lots of pictures

Adam

MrCTS

Reaction score
Yeah, pretty much what I'm doing is taking the best parts of both trucks and putting together frankenstein of sorts.

Just as a rough idea, I am going to have plenty of little plastic bezels left and little accessories. Would anyone be interested in any of them? I know these things can be hard to find in decent shape that's not cracked to hell and back. For example the grill/front bezel that holds the running lights and blinkers, will have spare doors and a bed. Rear bench seat, etc. Only thing with the doors is I will be taking the mirrors (the one on the white cab is kinda snapped off and I'm a nut for matched set)

MrCTS

Reaction score
Go to Walmart invest in tupperware and ziploc bags. Put all hardware in bags and label group like compobants in tupperware and label. Rake lots and lots of pictures

Adam

I'll just steal my wife's that she never uses for anything ;)

95Z71Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm going to need a power mirror switch and a inner door handle bezel(grey) for my 95...idk what years will work.

MrCTS

Reaction score
Yeah, I will be trying to work on it tonight so I will check and see if it's grey or not. I'm fairly certain it is.