STOP SEAT KNOCK, SEAT PLAY, SEAT SLOP - BACK AND FORTH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fredridge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
question - kind of off topic

The power seat on mine still work, but they are very slow and sometimes don't move at all.

I was thinking the motors were done, but could some of this rubber be caught in the motor(s) up and causing it problems?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
question - kind of off topic

The power seat on mine still work, but they are very slow and sometimes don't move at all.

I was thinking the motors were done, but could some of this rubber be caught in the motor(s) up and causing it problems?

Pull the motors apart & polish the rotors & stators with some crocus cloth. Check all the electrical connections, grounds, & the wire itself.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Let go of the handle & it'll lock into place! Kidding!
That ebay listing is for the parts needed to fix that.
I haven't started to pull out the interior in my '98 yet. The weather is supposed to hold for at least another week. So I'll check my backrests while they are still bolted in the truck & see if they wobble. Been so long since I drove the truck I can't remember. They probably do.
I'll try a set of these to see if they really are the cure.
The listing says he may not ship to Canada, though. Depends on how stupid the shipping is. Sometimes that gets jacked up to deter sending outa country.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have tried everything to make it work. So I might have to try a set of these

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Lol! Add a lumpy cam, some gears, & things start to shake that didn't before. Nuts & bolts loosen up, other parts break. I don't know why. Just can't figure it out.

Thanks for the offer. On my phone right now, so I'll mail the seller when I get home.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea I found a bunch of loose interior stuff and that I forgot to tighten the dash down when I started up my truck!