stockinteriors.com seat covers any good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry, no help here. But, I think that the cloth seats had the fabric glued to the foam which could make removal difficult.

You might call some local upholstery shops and see if they have any suggestions on removing the existing covers.

Edit: there's a guy ( @sewlow ) on here that does a lot of interior work and might know. Maybe he'll see your post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
Never heard of that website, but before I got my seats reupholstered I was seriously considering theseatshop.com for the seat covers. Luckily, @sewlow guided me in the right direction and told me to take the seats to a shop to get done professionally (I posted the results of the upholstery at the end of the thread). Here's the thread: http://www.gmt400.com/threads/cost-to-reupholster-front-bucket-seats.36004/

Scroll down to sewlow's post

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a good link, some good info there.

I notice in that thread that sewlow said he uses an upright (hand held) steamer to separate the glue from the cloth and foam.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
That's a good link, some good info there.

I notice in that thread that sewlow said he uses an upright (hand held) steamer to separate the glue from the cloth and foam.

Although I've never done it, it does sounds like a clever technique to get the cloth covers off.

The man who reupholstered my cloth seats (over 40 years of experience, he was retired but kindly accepted to reupholster my seats) kept the cloth on the seat when putting the leather covers he created. He claimed that when you use the cloth to hold the leather covers on, it prolongs the life of the covers because they don't move as much as they would if they were just glued down. Also, he showed me some seats that he did on a '85 LeBaron when it was brand new and the side bolsters still looked brand new (although he was redoing the seats for the same person he did them for back in 1985).