Stock lm7 turbo build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldnt waste my time with a 4l60. Especially one off MarketPlace "rated" at 600hp. Id rather have a stock 4l80.
Can you weld? If so, you can build a turbo kit for pretty cheap and use the money you saved on a quality turbo.
I like to overbuild from the start, cause then you have a solid platform to upgrade from.
Thats another reason i suggested a Gen 4 engine.
To save a few dollars you can start out with a Gen 4 4.8 since they dont have DOD mess. Just throw it in with a set of LS3 valve springs and build a turbo kit and enjoy.

Romanheystek

Reaction score
I don’t know how to weld but I know a buddy that does and he loves cars too so he would be more than happy too. Should I just flip the manifolds over and use that with a cross over or something? I read something that said that there max torque and hp on a 4l80 is like 365 and 385 or something do you think that will be fine with a trans cooler?

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don’t know how to weld but I know a buddy that does and he loves cars too so he would be more than happy too. Should I just flip the manifolds over and use that with a cross over or something? I read something that said that there max torque and hp on a 4l80 is like 365 and 385 or something do you think that will be fine with a trans cooler?
They will hold way more torque than that..
You can flip the manifolds to point them forward and down. Make a y pipe and connect it to the turbo. Make sure to have plenty of room from pipe to everything around it.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Trutrac would be my suggestion. They work very good and don't really cost too much

Romanheystek

Reaction score
Okay and lastly I don’t know much about axles. Obviously I have a 10 bolt half ton axle but I don’t know if they have certain models or if limited slips are one size fits all for all half tons.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay and lastly I don’t know much about axles. Obviously I have a 10 bolt half ton axle but I don’t know if they have certain models or if limited slips are one size fits all for all half tons.
Are the RPOs legible on the sticker in the glove box?
If so, you can look them up or post them here and someone will decide that for you.

Romanheystek

Reaction score
Are the RPOs legible on the sticker in the glove box?
If so, you can look them up or post them here and someone will decide that for you.
I had to get a replacement one at a salvage yard sense it didn’t fit right. I found something on the drivers side door but it’s all warm off. She has 200,000 miles so it’s expected.