Stock 1995 Z71 Specs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hydengr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
And the shocks and skidplates could be ordered seprate on a 4x4.

I'm pretty sure that (at least in 1996) you could not separately order Bilstein shocks on a 4x4. When I ordered my truck, I did not want the Z71 package because it also came with the aluminum rims and 265 width tires. Most of my need for 4wd was snow related and I'm a long time fan of tall skinnies for the snow. Due to the tire width coupled with my distaste for the Aluminum rims (IMO - ugly) I opted for the steel rims and the 245 width tire. I was able to order skidplates, F44, G80, 3.73's, 5.7 w/ 5spd all on a non Z-71 platform. I also ordered "heavy duty shocks" which were NOT Bilsteins (I was hoping that they would be). They were junk, my first mod was to replace them with Bilstein HDs.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Someone post some pictures of your skid plates. I have mine painted and ready to go but can't for the life of me figure out how it mounts and google isn't helping much either.... I will give rep I'm so desperate.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Someone post some pictures of your skid plates. I have mine painted and ready to go but can't for the life of me figure out how it mounts and google isn't helping much either.... I will give rep I'm so desperate.

Hell if it wasn't raining I'd go snap a few pictures. Not that difficult to install, if the rain holds off here and you can wait until tomorrow I'll get them then.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
That's fine. Can you explain where they mount and how?

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's fine. Can you explain where they mount and how?

Are you just looking for the one that mounts in the front under the bumper or the one that covers the transfer case? (I know yours is 2WD) Just wasn't sure if you had both of them.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Are you just looking for the one that mounts in the front under the bumper or the one that covers the transfer case? (I know yours is 2WD) Just wasn't sure if you had both of them.

The one for the radiator to the bumper. I got it mounted to the frame near the bumper but I don't know where to mount the rest.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The one for the radiator to the bumper. I got it mounted to the frame near the bumper but I don't know where to mount the rest.

I didn't read the post closely enough and took a picture of the bolt behind the bumper/valence. There should be two holes where the other bolts should go closer to the engine block. Is it possible that you might not have it due to yours being 2WD?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I didn't read the post closely enough and took a picture of the bolt behind the bumper/valence. There should be two holes where the other bolts should go closer to the engine block. Is it possible that you might not have it due to yours being 2WD?

That's what I was thinking. I think it reaches the sway bar and then I can't get it to move anymore :shrug: