Stock 1995 Head Unit with subs is possible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nazz45

Reaction score
Hey im new to this site and audio so any help would be greatly appreciated. i just bought two 12in MTX Xtant subs and a PowerAcoustik Sp2x-820 amp for $30. im not trying to buy a whole new headunit but if i need to i will. so my question is, is it possible to hook up this type of system to the stock headunit in a 1995 Sierra (i dont have a CD player with it)? and where could i find some diagrams to make a box that will fit under the rear seat?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
or an amp with high/speaker level inputs. My kicker amp is that way. I had to do it that way since my cd player didn't have preout or rca's as I call em.

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
4 of those wires get hooked to the speaker outputs of your stereo and you will have to run 12 volt power and a ground and there might be an output for a remote turn on for your amp

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
why would you buy that when your amp has high level? Just freaking hook it to the amp and be done with it.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
I would just buy a new HU. I don't see much point in doing a stereo if it is not done right. I am a musician and it bugs me when i ride in a buddies car cause i can tell that something isn't just right.

bigtmoney

Reaction score
I've never used hi level inputs on an amp, do they really sound ok?

For the box, I would get the dimensions of the space underneath the seat to see if you can build a box with enough airspace for two 12's, usually they need about 1.5 cubic ft per sub. You might get more low's and a better sound by building a larger box and only running one sub.