Stock 1995 Head Unit with subs is possible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
again as I said I noticed no difference running low levels compared to high levels, subs are for bass only anyways, and I always set mine to lpf or whatever it is, so it filters out the highs and only gets lows, and it sounds great. I ran other amps and HU's with the low levels and would anytime I had them, but if my HU did not have them and my amp had high levels I would NOT buy anything to make it work. I would just do high levels and be done.

I had always heard the adapters don't make it any better anyways compared to high level only.

So IMo if you got an HU with lows, run em, if not run highs if the amp has them, or use the adapter if it doesn't have the high level input.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
It is not a huge difference. Most people would never notice but being a musician i listen for the small things in sound. back when i was really big into car audio i would not only send certain channels to a speaker like highs and lows, but i would only send a specific frequency of that range to the speaker. It made the difference from listening to a cd to listening to them jam in your back seat.a well tuned audio system will sound 10x better than any other. Did not mean to start an argument cause it will work like that. Just one of my pet peeves.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like barebones 1500 I like a good system that has good sound throughout all the frequencies. As much as I like bass I might rather have a car with no subwoofer than a car where that's the only thing I can hear... that aside I don't think the high level inputs would make any difference with the stock HU. I think there is a sound quality sacrifice but the stock HU is not that great on sound quality to begin with and so I doubt there is going to be any noticeable difference as long as the stock HU is used, even to the trained ear.

If your amp has high level inputs don't buy a converter... an amp with high level inputs is basically an amp with the converter built in. Don't buy something that you already have.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
x2

if you buy a new HU get one with the preouts or low levels I should say, then you can run as many amps to certain things, and do lows and highs and such.