Steering Stabilizers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
Any of you guys run steering stabilizers? I've been looking at a Rough Country kit on eBay but haven't made up my mind yet. I'm just running cranked tbars and a 1" block but any help to the steering would be nice.

Sent from my SGH-T959P using Tapatalk 2

jeffrey99

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would also like to know what steering stabalizers do becuse i have alot of play in my steering wheel and i was woundering if a steering stabalizer would help at all.

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
Also interested, about to do my 4-5" lift in a week. I have been thinking about that kit.

Post pics and a review if you can!

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i would also like to know what steering stabalizers do becuse i have alot of play in my steering wheel and i was woundering if a steering stabalizer would help at all.

No. Your tie-rods, ball joints, bushings, idler arm, pitman arm, idler bracket, and steering box are to blame if you've not replaced them recently. Could be one of those, a few, or all. I replaced all the above minus the steering box and it made a world of difference. Look at your ball joints and if they are still held in the upper arm with rivers, they are original ones.

A steering stabilizer will help with a solid front axle which might suffer from excessive kick back through the steering, when it hits bumps on the road. IFS guys don't really have issues with this unless the suspension bits listed above are worn. Then the stabilizer becomes a bandaid really, because you will be replacing the items above as they break. When they break it's not a pretty thing, especially at freeway speeds.

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
I have all of that brand new but decided to add the RC kit as well to keep it from being beaten around too much. Going to install all this week.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
I just finished installing my kit. I didn't purchase this as a "band aid", as everything other than my steering box is new. With the amount of crank that my truck has I have a decent amount of bump steer, and I bought the kit hoping that it would help that. And if it helps the life of my front-end gear as some sites claim, that's a bonus.

Not a big deal at all to install. Just drop the front skid plate if you have one, one side goes on with a bracket that mounts to the hole for the skid plate, and the other side mounts to the tie bar with u-bolts. The kit didn't come with a boot so I put a pro-comp one on that I had lying around.

I can't say if it has made any difference yet as the weather isn't that great and my truck is in my garage. Next time I have it out I'll let you guys know if it helped any.

Sent from my SGH-T959P using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: