Steering parts manufacturer Moog vs. Others

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dharmabum

Reaction score
I need to do some work on the front end of my 95 GMC Z71 extended cab. It's got 247k miles and definitely needs a pitman arm and idler arm. I may do the tie rods too, gotta check them out still. Anyways money is tight and I know Moog is preferred but looking on Rock Auto at my options I see Raybestos has a service grade and a professional grade and there is AC Delco as well as some cheaper brands. What has anyone used on theirs and is the price difference really worth it? I can save some money with the Raybestos parts if they are decent?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know about the Raybsetos part's, but personally I would use either AC Delco or MOOG, and also a lot of Moog part's are problem solver's that are meant to solve some issues that the original part's had. Such as the replacement Moog idler arm for the 2wd gmt 400, it has a gusher bearing in it that takes up slack as it wears so that the steering doesn't get to feeling loose like the oem part did. Anyway that's been my experience, I like Moog.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I noramlly always ran MOOG parts but when my idler and pitman arm were wore out and I brought them in to CarQuest for exchange they had switched their line of parts to Raybestos. Ended up also getting all inner & outter tie rod ends. Parts seem built compareable to MOOG, all greaseable and lifetime warrenty. Replaced them im the summer so only time will tell.

towman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
have used the raybestos line at work,, mostly ball joints on s10 blazers that seem to go bad every three years, the raybestos has held up as good as anything