Steering lockup HELP! Borgeson Steering Shaft rag joint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justin93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installed my 3rd power steering pump.. 2nd one failed as the o ring was in pieces and leaked ALL my fluid :flame:
This one's good to go and i also tested it and drove it to the 4WD Fabrication spot to get worked on today.

Here's a quick video of the steering shaft binding after replacing my power steering pulley last night.
wanted to take a quick video incase i have to take this :manos: to small claims court

The bolts are loose, doesn't look like the right hardware. He told me this after replacing it when i came into pick up the truck, never disclosed over the phone.
He told me, 'your going to need new bolts and hardware'.
Here's how it runs operates now after replacing the power steering pump - (the shaft came off the pump when i removed it too if that may hint where the problem came from) let me know if there's better footage i can take or a better way to diagnose the problem effectively.

It's currently binding hard, and when im turning the wheel its very firm. Easier to turn when going faster but its VERY hard to budge.. feels like my manual steering rack from my 84 z28. at least the effort in turning it with the exception that this one is binding
Here's the video

http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/j...5B-7999-000004FCB8FB2281_zps89108d4f.mp4.html

Last edited:

justin93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
BUMP

NEW STEERING PROBLEM:
While turning the steering wheel (parked or moving) it will make an airy noise like a suction almost and it has slight resistance then it rolls over and it does it again.

I just had my steering shaft installed professionally as well as an alignment at there brother owned shop specializing in lifted vehicles.
I also had a new power steering pump installed, although i've had issues with these power steering pumps before this issue feels and responds to like air in my system.

IF there are any sure ways to diagnose the problem correctly PLEASE leave your suggestions here.

It has been getting slightly more frequent and louder. My fluid level is right before the Hot mark and past the Add mark.

Im unsure of what to do to figure out what the actual problem is rather than just saying it's one thing and after tossing parts/labor into what you think will fix it, and it's still not functioning as should.

I want to say its air in my system but it could easily be something else, Hope to hear back from you guys soon!