Starter problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmeargle

Reaction score
You guys were a great help last time and I sure hope you all can help me again. Bought a New 're-man starter couple months ago, Worked like it should for a good a while. Maybe a month and a half ago it started to not engage. Just wouldn't extend at all, didint make a grinding noise like was making contact at all. Takes a while for it to catch to finally extend and turn the motor over. Dropped the starter down enough last to get a little look. Teeh are fine, none missing or nicked. The bushings were a little loose. Can that be causing my problem? Also a good while ago I thought my flywheel May have been cracked due a bad knocking, short story, come to find out my transmission only had one bolt holding it in after getting it from someone I paid to do the job. So if any of you guys can help me it'd be greatly appreciated. Sorry if things aren't worded correctly or terms aren't correct

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Assuming your wiring is in good order and there isn't any corrosion or loose wires I'd think the re-man starter is to blame. What brand out of curiosity?

Sent from my throttle body injected galaxy note3

cmeargle

Reaction score
I believe AC delco. I'll take a look tomorrow to be certain, but I'm sure that's the brand.

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack this thread but it's about a starter problem as well....here goes

I replaced my starter about 3 weeks ago and well my fuel pump went out Sunday June 7th took it to my mechanic and he replaced the fuel pump. Well my starter was working great cranked didn't make any noise Until after the new fuel pump was put in (Wtf right)
Starter ultima Fuel pump Delphi
So anyways now we replaced the flex plate cause the starter tore up a section of the teeth on the oem. Switched starters still didn't work thought it was defective. Needed a new tranny mount as well.

What's going on with my starter my flex plate idk what to do this has never happened before need serious help or suggestions try stuff anything

P.s. Starter bolts were a little bent at the end. Weird as hell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
If it's a vortec it might be the cap and rotor being carbonized inside or cracked, it'll misfire or try to fire 2 cylinders at once. This will blow the starter up and bust the teeth off the flywheel. Mine did this 4 years ago, might have started before I got the truck. Ended up having to replace the flywheel, cap, rotor and starter. Apparently this is a frequent issue with vortec motors, the distributor gets moisture in it...hope this helps