Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea...i feel you....got hit good in '06...and again in June of '13. i'm 9 surgeries in so far in the last 5 years....just got some new nuts, bolts , bits and pieces added on Jan. 15th..zerks fittings next year for my neck......i did ride on the 14th and everyday before that...every day that i can swing a leg over...

good to "meet" you man......well wishes in the wind for your medical ****. i been on the hurricane deck since '86.....and i feel it all.....LOL
I'm dealing with ptsd. Been out of the Army for 46 years ..... VA finally diagnosed it a couple years ago. Nice to meet you too ....good luck with your medical issues.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
That's definitely how I would approach it. I always like to see if things work straight out of the box. If I have to swap brackets or whatever else then so be it, but I'll keep it simple for as long as possible.

LOL....for as long as possible! LMAO

it's sad that this seems to be the "norm" these days......

i can say one thing....in the Harley aftermarket it's very similar.....there's tons of junk out there and it rears it's ugly little chinawese head as soon as you try to bolt it up.....there is also a LOT more quality made pieces from America and other countries that are just great, surpassing OEM stuff quite handily.....some of Harley's own crap is horrible, their QC went down the drain real bad....not all stuff, but lots of the "googaas" from offshore is pure ****.....and commanding very high prices at the same time.

i know this all to well as my last four years have been working in stealerships in parts sales or in a service adviser capacity...i have developed a following of sorts. folks know i won't sell them crap, especially if they don't need it....i believe in happy customers that will come back in the future rather than hittin em in the head with a P&A catalog.

not all Harley stuff is junk, please don't read it that way.....but people DO inquire as to why my daily rider is a 33 year old kick start softail.......twas just better...and i've had it since '89. my new '15 is used mostly for longer distance rides, i spend a ****-ton of money on USA made things like the suspension, seat, engine upgrades and brake pads.....most of it not "genuine harley" parts.

think smart, buy smart.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
I'm dealing with ptsd. Been out of the Army for 46 years ..... VA finally diagnosed it a couple years ago. Nice to meet you too ....good luck with your medical issues.

my best friend and brother was in '73-'75...he sure had some similar goings on. we got sober together 10 years ago, it helped him the most......now helping others is our medicine.

all my brothers....and it's a pretty short list, are either vets or retired outlaws or 1%ers......seems we all have a few things in common.....those lifestyles certainly contributed to what they've been calling PTSD......it's a tough fu@kin pill to swallow, especially when nobody admitted it and no doctors diaged it either.

there's a light at the end of the tunnel, and it's not always a damned train comin towards us.

thank you for you service......most of my blood family are either Marines or Army.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my best friend and brother was in '73-'75...he sure had some similar goings on. we got sober together 10 years ago, it helped him the most......now helping others is our medicine.

all my brothers....and it's a pretty short list, are either vets or retired outlaws or 1%ers......seems we all have a few things in common.....those lifestyles certainly contributed to what they've been calling PTSD......it's a tough fu@kin pill to swallow, especially when nobody admitted it and no doctors diaged it either.

there's a light at the end of the tunnel, and it's not always a damned train comin towards us.

thank you for you service......most of my blood family are either Marines or Army.
I appreciate what you said.

Black_cirrus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Body alignment is fine on the truck, I'm not thrilled with the look but I'm waiting for better weather to deal with it. I'll retry with oe brackets. Every time I turn around its something else. Fix a door handle, find a hole in the speaker fix that. Next week window regulator goes out.... I guess I'm to much in the city and don't know enough of the area because I can't think of a good dark test/ pic area.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Body alignment is fine on the truck, I'm not thrilled with the look but I'm waiting for better weather to deal with it. I'll retry with oe brackets. Every time I turn around its something else. Fix a door handle, find a hole in the speaker fix that. Next week window regulator goes out.... I guess I'm to much in the city and don't know enough of the area because I can't think of a good dark test/ pic area.

i understand your plight....with an older vehicle. as ive said many time this '98 is the newest truck iv'e ever owned......basically i paid $4,500 for a great body and a very light rusted chassis. i've changed the engine, transmission/converter, exhaust,stereo system. next will be rebuilding the braking system with a new parts including a 14 bolt semi floater and valve to upgrade my J5B brakes to the light duty 3/4 ton J6B setup.

i own a 37 year old Harley, my daily rider is 33, i have a '95 Road King with a blown motor that's been pretty much rebuilt and my completely upgraded 2015 FLD Switchback............i feel your angst about constantly fixin ****.........but i see no alternative because this is what i choose to love and run.

i live in Queens, one of the 5 boroughs that make up this **** hole called NYC......it's lit up like an overdone Christmas tree.....there are however darker industrial park areas, roads behind airports, alley ways behind strip type malls, service roads next to some highways, poorly lit areas in affluent neighborhoods and roads going through some of the larger parks.......just a few examples off the top of my head. one day you'll just find a suitable spot to check....