Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brother Al

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another resource for good, high output, LED lighting can be sourced from the LE/EMS/Fire outlets/manufacturers... being involved in LE myself, catalog resources, like "Quartermaster" and others have a decent amount of that wonderfully intense lighting, (see utterly blinding). Whelen not only makes wigwags and mobile Blue Light Specials, but they have a huge amount of LED fogs, floods, and spotlights...

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Looks like a Carclo $1.50 three up optic with who knows what emitters.

http://www.ledsupply.com/led-optics/10507-carclo-lens-3-up-narrow-spot-led-optic
Combine with something like this, in '3 up, 4000K $18.99

http://www.ledsupply.com/leds/cree-xlamp-xp-l-high-density-led-star

Add a driver and an enclosure.

Voila~

EDIT: If they are using the Carclo optic, measured with the Cree XP-E ~ 88.7 percent optical efficiency with 16.4 degree angle, in the data sheet above.

English Mike..please in English!

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
This 'CRAP' should never, ever be used upon a public highway for a vehicle or motorcycle headlight. Too much light above horizontal for one, not enough width.

good sir! if you remember back a few thousand pages we were temporarily obsessed with Australian ambulances?
.....these are ideas to research in the event that "style" is still a viable course for light and asthetic design.......

i still think the 60mm Hellas are the way to go.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Another resource for good, high output, LED lighting can be sourced from the LE/EMS/Fire outlets/manufacturers... being involved in LE myself, catalog resources, like "Quartermaster" and others have a decent amount of that wonderfully intense lighting, (see utterly blinding). Whelen not only makes wigwags and mobile Blue Light Specials, but they have a huge amount of LED fogs, floods, and spotlights...

yea....and they used to shine em on me.....LMAO

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i have a bunch of boxes to open when i get back to the city.....let's see

Ciebe Oscar+ housings with fog lenses.....a deal i couldn't pass up
SEV Marchal fog lights made for Buick...in a very odd size. with the Buick covers
my Unity spot light that still needs to be installed

looking forward to checking out the KC Daylighter "spread beam" driving lamps...in the 130W flavor

damn....i made a great marinade for some rib eyes that Shack and i will enjoy tomorrow night....i just smelled it from the kitchen while typing this. got a beautifully seasoned cast iron pan i'll be using too......preparing food and the blues.....life is good.

and that european spec GM rear fog light that i was directed to as well.....that's gonna be hooked to the Marchal bundle.

lots of testing and checking to build a nice halogen setup......i pray i have the weather to get that grill guard on....that will help immensely......new front tow hooks are coming too, mine are both bent.

those flush mounts will go in the sides of the front bumper too......need to call Susquehanna about those baby flush mount Hella 6 pots ...i keep forgetting.

Last edited: