Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Those Spyders look like they work awesome. Nice throw, nice cutoff. Great video! Gives a much better idea of their true capabilities than you can see from just a picture.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Those Spyders look like they work awesome. Nice throw, nice cutoff. Great video! Gives a much better idea of their true capabilities than you can see from just a picture.

glad my effort for gettin that video up paid off....i couldn't get this fu@cker to load for nothin....me and computers don't really get along, i'm dumb as dirt with this ****......but i don't know how to give up either.

did you see the other videos in post # 680 df2x4? ....they were from the interstate drive on my way up to Utica.

ok....now i'm done with videos and **** for this "lighting segment" of my truck.....

the recipe for this setup works beautifully.....and i'll put my stamp of approval on it.

.....next we'll be working on the fog lights.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Get the electrical tape, we got a gusher! Ouch!

tis exactly what i did, LOTS of tape....happened at closing at the job....i rode from New Rochelle to Long Island taped up....only 25 miles, but twistin the wick kept it flowin pretty good....LOL. my vet said i was STUPID and should have went to a hospital! ya get sick in hospitals i told her.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
I don't have a great opinion of Duratracs in ice and snow conditions, my 305 spins them like I am on polished glass. 245/75R16's. Useless for traction.... unless you want to 'paddle' the snow out of the way to get to the ground below. Heavy! 52 pounds + steel rim is a 90+ pound assembly.

Compared to a good all season or a winter tire... pass.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
I don't have a great opinion of Duratracs in ice and snow conditions, my 305 spins them like I am on polished glass. 245/75R16's. Useless for traction.... unless you want to 'paddle' the snow out of the way to get to the ground below. Heavy! 52 pounds + steel rim is a 90+ pound assembly.

Compared to a good all season or a winter tire... pass.

huh....

i researched the hell out of em before pulling the trigger.....i'm not doing 2 sets of tires, neither is he...but i did when i did live upstate on my wife's and my trucks....he had them road tested before i got into some snowy stuff and said he loved em......at this point i concur......

my impressions thus far; they handle well in the dry, stop very good, supple ride, not noisey considering they're aggressive looking. this is my first set of Goodyears since the original "directional" MTR's came out in the late '80's......i'm a BFG and Cooper guy.....i feel confident driving them....and that's the most important thing to me......

maybe you Canadian folks get different snow? LMAO