Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
had pistons made by my friend Terry Stewart, through his company Shaker Products......he's a nitro Harley jockey fu@kin nutbag...and is the Harley guru at CP/Carillo.
You must be registered for see images attach

GL1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
here was a different 80" .....motors run on math......and yer math has to be good
jAs you may surmise from my sig I'm not a Harley rider but there are things I like about them including the styling and the history. I know it's not thread related but my interested in this motor build and what all had to be done to squeeze 30+ hp from a shovelhead engine. Keep it comin.....

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
here's my daily rider....a 33 year old early production first year Evolution motor, 1....4 speed bike. i set her up for how i ride, fine tuning the rake and trail....and height to ride hard.....she'll flop over to the point of scrapin foot pegs and the primary cover. i have 247K on the frame.

now

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
jAs you may surmise from my sig I'm not a Harley rider but there are things I like about them including the styling and the history. I know it's not thread related but my interested in this motor build and what all had to be done to squeeze 30+ hp from a shovelhead engine. Keep it comin.....

what's "thread related" men, LOL? mine always veer off course......

i have a GSXR 750 front caliper on her now...:lol:

well, a stock 80" shovel, circa 1979 put around 48 HP to the rear wheel.
the goal is to balance, blueprint and maximise EVERY possible thing to get every possible bit of power.....that 102 was @ 6,700 rpms on pump gas. 96 lbft TQ @ 5400.

gotta use tools!

give me a bit i'll be back.....

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Vosla HIR 9012 from GM, # 23342527:

So this is a drop-in high beam replacement, right? Do you still have to trim the tabs like the other HIR bulbs?

EDIT - Nope, low beam. I always forget which is which. I still don't like the fact that this doesn't have a glare cap painted onto the tip of the bulb like the stock 9006s do. I'd probably only be comfortable using HIRs in the low beams if my headlight housings had glare caps built into the low beam side.

Last edited:

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what's "thread related" men, LOL? mine always veer off course......

i have a GSXR 750 front caliper on her now...:lol:

well, a stock 80" shovel, circa 1978 put around 48 HP to the rear wheel.
the goal is to balance, blueprint and maximise EVERY possible thing to get every possible bit of power.....that 102 was @ 6,700 rpms on pump gas. 96 lbft TQ @ 5400.

gotta use tools!

give me a bit i'll be back.....
Okay, I'll wait here .... take your time