Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Stupid Chinesium headlight bracket
You must be registered for see images

Oh well it was a good excuse to swap the lenses onto the factory brackets. Much more solid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

i have so many irons in the fire right now i need a damned extinguisher........but changing the shitchin brackets is high on my list too. i haven't yet checked the integrity of the one's i have, they're the DEPO version and i can only hope they're better than the spyder brackets.....****** tissue paper floppity flop.

i do love my beam pattern though, was admirin my view driving home tonight.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have so many irons in the fire right now i need a damned extinguisher........but changing the shitchin brackets is high on my list too. i haven't yet checked the integrity of the one's i have, they're the DEPO version and i can only hope they're better than the spyder brackets.....****** tissue paper floppity flop.

i do love my beam pattern though, was admirin my view driving home tonight.
The brackets took me approximately 45 minutes to change which includes grill removal and install.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
The brackets took me approximately 45 minutes to change which includes grill removal and install.

that's probably about right for me too....shoulda been put on with velcro for a while there.....now i have the Warn grill guard to contend with as well. i don't think i can get the grill off with that in place.......arrrrrrgh!

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
a box from Georgia showed up at my house....

You must be registered for see images attach

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
now that's a high beam.....5 3/4" 55W H1

it was only douched once, quickly.

i swear it's easily as intense as the Oscar+ driving light.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
From another link you had posted a while ago, it was mentioned that the H1 bulb combo for dedicated low and high was a better choice than the more common H4, since a low beam using an H4 only uses part of the reflector for low beam, the H1 uses the entire reflector.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
From another link you had posted a while ago, it was mentioned that the H1 bulb combo for dedicated low and high was a better choice than the more common H4, since a low beam using an H4 only uses part of the reflector for low beam, the H1 uses the entire reflector.

yes sir, that's my take as well.......any lamp that has to pull double duty can't be as good as a dedicated light assembly.

i do remember Daniel Stern recommending a 7" lens to me for one of the bikes.....that one uses an H13 bulb, which has no low filament shield an is said to use the entire reflector as opposed to an H4......unfortunately it's one of those "clear-lensed" varieties where the reflector does all the work. i just find them butt-fugly and don't want another one, i'm taking the clears i have off my bike for that reason.......

i'm have photofucket problems.....but i have some pictures of the CSR low beam too. it's for LHT and can't be used here, but GLORIOUS it is.....Jackson had one dusty set at his shop and sent a surprise-box to my house. i believe he has more high beams. he sent these to me i think because he knows i'm insane....and won't sell em. though i told him he should have. men like him are rare....and i'm fortunate to have have "met" him.

the Hella bi-focal H1 low beam is a good match for the Cibie high.....i've seen the photo-metrics for those v. the CSR low and it does come close to it's performance......some threads on the subject are on the net and it seems to be the "only" choice for the best quad setup, especially since they're still available.

my quest for RHT lows will never end until i get a set, but i drawer a line and won't pay $645 to that guy on ebay for them......as much as i consider it.

right now i have to concentrate on getting the buckets for the SC lenses....and getting rid of the LHT H4's i got......i have a note sent off to Demon Tweeks to try and secure other Oscar housings and possible swap off to the proper RHT H4 lenses. i'm sure a reply will come soon to answer my query.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i've had 3 or 4 mails with David at Demon Tweeks prior, top shelf company for sure......here's the one i sent him last night

hello there David....

i'm very pleased to say the order came to me in perfect condition.....

i just found out that when i ordered the main/dip lights i somehow assumed they would be for LHD as used in the USA, i got UK styled RHD lenses. i didn't think to ask that when i ordered as i know you ship all over the world and there were no choices beyond the pull down menu, ... i just figured that i'd get the correct lights......i received the 082459 lamps and part # 067688 for RHT lamps are what i need . is there anyway to rectify this issue?

is there a possibility of ordering the 2 lenses part # 067689...i believe the lenses in my lamps are 460118 based on the 2014 catalog....i guess i'll have to put them on e-bay as i can't use them.

i was just going to order a set of Oscar fog lights to put the Oscar SC VA/LP lenses i have into. the dip/main were for two of my Harley's....i feel pretty stupid right now.

thanks for any help or advise you can give,

Bill

n8pu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was watching a YouTube video of the "Le Mans 1955 disaster" and at the 53:13 part of the video I noticed this in the video, the crash in the upper left but in the lower right of the screen capture something that I thought you might be interested in shovebill.