Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

n8pu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
here's a temporarily clean NYC......
You must be registered for see images attach

at least it wasn't the 22" we got last year

my brother Shack's truck this morning up in Utica, NY.....and it wasn't done snowing

Yuck, to much of that white stuff for me, but then I live in Northern Michigan, so go figure..... One thing I can say about where I live and snow removal, they get the job done and it is drive able. If it is blizzard conditions, they will do their best to keep the trunk lines open.

n8pu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know this thread is about lights but what I would like to know is, is there anything like the picture my son found on the GMT800 forum. If there is such an animal like this? I suspect IF there is, it would be a lot of work to make it. Anyway...

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
I know this thread is about lights but what I would like to know is, is there anything like the picture my son found on the GMT800 forum. If there is such an animal like this? I suspect IF there is, it would be a lot of work to make it. Anyway.

I never seen them for our truck..maybe an Escalade? They do make heated ones, which I'd consider for sure.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
well, i got my 7" Bosch motorcycle lens, in H4......it was pretty cloudt from condensation and sitting on a self for who know how long.....but i just found the best way to get ride of that white cloudy film on them....man it works!

and the cleaner....forgot to take a picture of the "before"

i'm excited to try this light.....and it'll be ignited by these bulbs

Last edited:

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
same stuff to clean the ****!
can i say ****? oh ****!
just to let let you know: i am at 4 days a week officially starting next week and this is the best thread ever!
really look forward to the updates.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
same stuff to clean the ****!
can i say ****? oh ****!
just to let let you know: i am at 4 days a week officially starting next week and this is the best thread ever!
really look forward to the updates.

so you passed the "probation" period? they actually like you? LMAO....congratulations!

what is this thread about.......hmmmm? thanks.

i'm glad someone other than me does.......i can't hardley wait to get started on the bike.

i have my 2nd post-op x-ray on April 17th.....and on the 23rd my dealership is sponsoring a run/ride for our foreman's best friend that was stabbed to death a few months back....the proceeds will go to his family for their expenses.

it's only going to be a 55 mile ride.....and i NEVER ride with more than 3 people , but i'm looking forward to this. ain't been on a bike since December 14th, the day before my surgery.......i feel like 100 bucks!

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i have a few of the 5 3/4" Cibie e-codes.....my softail will be getting the upgrade next.....i'd rather ride that than the FLD, but the Dyns has a better riding suspension and that what i need to "break in" my newly re-bolted together back.

i also got 2 fog lenses for her.....to put in the auxiliary buckets i installed......nothing works very well in those.sealed beams, Harleys clear **** with 27.5W 881 bulbs........

so i bought some glass lenses from KC, for their 5" Apollo fog lights.....that's the overall diameter of the entire housing and the lens looks just like the crappy ones that fit.........ony these use an H# bulb...and i have some decent ones to try. well see how that goes soon too.

i read a shitpot full of reviews on these lights and i think they'll be better than anything else i've ever tried.

Dan Stern recommended those 40* spread amber sealed beam fogs to me, for conspicuity, he said lights in this size don't put out any usable light.....mayhaps he didn't know about these, but we're gonna find out either way.....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M9NIB9I/?tag=2402507-20

don't get me wrong, i believe him 100% for what he said....i'm just tring to get LIGHT in front of the bike when the weather turns to ****......and i have selective yellow H3's in 55W too.

there's not much worse than riding in pea soup fog with a wall of "white" in your way

the ones i got are the replacement lenses for these things
https://www.amazon.com/KC-HiLiTES-452-Apollo-System/dp/B006V7TCCI/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1489810855&sr=1-1&keywords=kc+apollo+5"+fog

Last edited: