Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

n8pu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did a Google search to see if I could figure out what a W/T grill is, the only thing I could see in the pictures, most, not all had the larger single lights. Is that it or am I missing it all together? Inquiring minds (that don't have a clue) want to know. :beatdeadhorse5:I just hope that ain't what I donig with that question.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
here's a drag truck i saw just a few mins ago on craigs:
You must be registered for see images

looks kind of like the rover lights.

LOL, rover......that's a plated over '73 grill setup.....with what looks to me like 5 3/4" Cibie CSR headlights....the best halogen headlamp the world has ever seen.

there's a set on e-bay right now......two years ago he only wanted $500 a set.....this is his LAST set. i posted this link before.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-NOS-Cibi...ash=item212084ee86:g:tAsAAOSw44BYGdlf&vxp=mtr

n8pu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i can not believe they went after this market.....well, i can actually. and they have a little "disclaimer" as to the legality of it.....watch the video. i think i'm gonna go get a job in a pizzeria, this is ****** lunacy

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/spectra-glo-controller

If you like it that's fine with me, BUT, to me it's like taking a good quality American made bike and trying to turn it into the equivalent of a 'ricer'.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
I did a Google search to see if I could figure out what a W/T grill is, the only thing I could see in the pictures, most, not all had the larger single lights. Is that it or am I missing it all together? Inquiring minds (that don't have a clue) want to know. :beatdeadhorse5:I just hope that ain't what I donig with that question.

yup...Work Truck....simple but could be very effective with good halogen lamps and a harness.....or no harness and some LED's, if that's yer bag.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
If you like it that's fine with me, BUT, to me it's like taking a good quality American made bike and trying to turn it into the equivalent of a 'ricer'.

in 1969 AMF saved Harley....in 1984 the softail and evo motor saved em again(with Ronald Reagan's help)......in the '90's it was clothes and "coffee"(merchandise)....now they have to cater to all these "new riders" and the next gen of customers.......after guys like me are dead it's over......most of these new "clients" are....well....new to me. like ****** alien monkeys who's language i don't speak.

this new fagger bagger phase.....i'm gettin nauseous.

Last edited:

Dylans95Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had cheap ebay composites on my 94 gmc. Horrible horrible quality. Never could aim them, beam pattern was horrible, highs went straight up, leaked. Wound up putting 88-89 sealed sylvania quad beams with upgraded harness and 4hi mod. Worked alot better than the ebay lights.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
I had cheap ebay composites on my 94 gmc. Horrible horrible quality. Never could aim them, beam pattern was horrible, highs went straight up, leaked. Wound up putting 88-89 sealed sylvania quad beams with upgraded harness and 4hi mod. Worked alot better than the ebay lights.

i believe a Zippo lighter is better than some of those e-bay lights......

and apparently others' believe ALL composite lights, OEM included, are complete junk.

do what you want....do what you can afford....but please, UNDERSTAND just what the fu@k yer actually doing. the what and WHY of it all.

Stern and other lighting GURUS tell us to get rid of our junk Spyders, WE tell the e-bay crowd to get rid of their junk, i'll put the 'HID kitters' in this category....it's basically the same thing at different levels of junk and how much you actually polish the turd.....GM first put these teenie ****** ******** headlights lights into the 1987 K/5's and Suburbans, it really didn't get any better from there, even as it evolved.....perhaps the Artebs ARE the "best in class" for a composite, but it's still a polished turd.

i completely understand Stern's perspective.....he's just lumping ALL these varieties into the same pile, including the OEM's.i happen to not agree.