Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
On the Philips 9011 HIR package it says 'designed' in Germany. Should I remember the next time I do something with the head lamps, I see if I can read what is written on the bulb. If I remember, that will be the problem. :(

from what i can see in the Amazon description those Philips HIR bulbs are made in china.....the GM # 25770739, that are in Michael's post that i linked from pages 77-78, are German made Vosla's.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
just because i like ****.....

You must be registered for see images attach

i hate taking a picture from this ^^^^front view, it looks like the brush guards are stickin out like frikkin super duper ears.....they're only proud of the fender about 3/4"

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Vosla is catching up to Osram and Philips....they have a +120% now
http://www.vosla.com/en/news-fairs/news-fairs/news/vosla-puts-more-light-on-the-road.html

i also read the Philips Racing Vision+150% bulbs only have a live span of about 100 hours....i'll not be pursuing these........it's VisionPlus +60% or XremeVision +100% for me....with the Delco HIR's for highs.

of course the Osram Nightbreaker +110% is basically the same as the XtremeVision.....pick yer favorite marketing on those.

i'm reading up on the Osram Nightbreaker Laser's now....

i have no information on the Vosla/Narva bulbs for low beams......i'm just gonna stick with Philips

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I always thought it would be cool to have one of these. Contemplated installing one on my old '94 Nissan Maxima that I had the laptop mounted in, to complete the quasi-cop look. :lol:

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i've had one on every truck i've ever owned....i would have taken the one off the '90 Blazer before it was towed away, but it was more cost effective to buy a new one than getting all the parts to fix that one.....i love em.

i'm thinking on one for the passenger side...i fount a place that was real inexpensive compared to most sites.....i think i gave $162 for the light and the mounting kit shipped....the housing is a plated composite of some sort....pretty rugged....and has a 245,000 candlepower spot lamp.