Sputtering and no power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It also helps to grease those orings a little

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

John916

Reaction score
That would make sense cause there’s one that keeps popping out, maybe it isn’t aligned right. It’s too cold right now but I’ll mess with it tomorrow hopefully. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John916

Reaction score
So about a month ago i bought a new truck and kind of gave up on the Chevy for a little. When we finally had a warm day i got the Chevy running and almost back to normal.
My only problem now, it still has the hard start but it starts every time. It’s just a long crank on it. Also, as I’m driving between 45-65 mph the fuel pressure will have a quick drop to almost 0 for a split second and it will shudder every time it does it. The only hung I’ve noticed besides that was a very strong gas smell I’m only getting 7 mpg.

It helped the gas smell and mpg a little bit when i noticed i forgot to put the fuel rail test port cap thing back on but did not fix anything. It had a decent amount of gas coming out of it.
What else could be causing this? I’ve replaced fuel injectors, FPR, two fuel pumps(the entire sending unit), fuel filter, cap rotor and wires. I am at a complete loss now. Thanks for the help again.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The cap on the schrader valve is just to keep dirt out of it, not to contain pressure.

If you have fuel coming out of it, then I’d try pushing the needle in and out a few times to see if it’s sticking. Otherwise replace the valve. If you have gas leaking out, that could be a fire hazard given the proximity to the hot exhaust manifold.

John916

Reaction score
The cap on the schrader valve is just to keep dirt out of it, not to contain pressure.

If you have fuel coming out of it, then I’d try pushing the needle in and out a few times to see if it’s sticking. Otherwise replace the valve. If you have gas leaking out, that could be a fire hazard given the proximity to the hot exhaust manifold.

I will try that when i get home. I remember now the shop telling me they put a new one in they had because it was doing the same thing. I wonder if it is the actual line where the abraded valve goes into that is leaking.