Spider Injector Comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shorepatrol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just ordered the AC Delco kit, as my lower intake is now leaking like a sieve so might as well do this while it's apart. I'm really not looking forward to this.

tinfoil_hat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just ordered the AC Delco kit, as my lower intake is now leaking like a sieve so might as well do this while it's apart. I'm really not looking forward to this.

It's not too hard. The only catch is getting the dizzy back in exactly how you found it. I made about a dozen reference marks before pulling mine. Other than that, make sure you have the good Felpro gasket set, a new tube of RTV, make sure you torque the bolts down right and either use new bolts or get a good sealant for the threads. A lot of people don't seal those threads.
I took the opportunity to put a little dab of dielectric silicone on every electrical connector on reassembly as well.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't seal intake threads, still dry as a bone. Gotta yank it here soon to do the marine swap though.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Found it in 2012. Had it powder coated last summer, got some 36# injectors cleaned for it, just need some fuel line/fittings and some time. Already read the swap article a dozen times.

Ken K

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm in the process of ordering the fuel injector converting to the MPI and have read several threads on the process. I've seen on several different forums recommendation for the injector parts and seems like the consensus is either use the AC Delco or the Delphi part. Here's the question:

Which part to use:

ACDelco 217-3029 GM Original Equipment Fuel Injector Kit with Bracket - $271

or

Delphi FJ10566 Fuel Injector SCPI to MFI Conversion Assembly - $421

My gut feeling says use the AC Delco part, but many on this site recommend the Delphi.

After working for ACDeclo for over 7 years holding tech seminars & classes for 12, the ACDelco unit is made by Delphi, just different box. The key, is to use either "Top-Tier" fuel or use "Berryman's" fuel system cleaner in the tank. GM's upper engine lube is ACDelco X66P. Both must NOT be used in the tank as they will harm the electric fuel pump over time. They are designed to be "Directly Injected" into the injectors. The old first design poppet type injectors have been replaced by placing a "Multec III" on the end of the tubing with wires going back to bracket connectors. Misfire is the worse offence the CARB people can loose sleep over. It started in California first to fix misfire, then quickly turned into a complete assembly. Misfire codes are Class "A" and the CEL starts flashing once per second as this is a catalytic damaging condition (Over-heat). Cleaning is a bear as the filter is underneath and only works on injectors that pop open slightly...to let some cleaner thru. If stuck, no luck. Also, this is a 10 year emissions warranty for those that qualify.

MB Truck

Reaction score
I know this is a old thread but I can’t find the Delco part for less than $442. Anyone have a better price ?

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know this is a old thread but I can’t find the Delco part for less than $442. Anyone have a better price ?

Get the Standard Motor one off Rockauto. Its $287 currently. Last time I had the Standard Products one in my hand a year or so ago it was the GM one. The Standard Products power window switches I ordered for my Express van were the OEM GM ones. The Standard Products 6.2L Ford injectors I put in my Marine intake on my Express van were OEM Ford. They ground the FoMoCo logo off most of them, but missed a couple of them. Standard Products reboxes other manufacturers parts and many are OEM. My coworker scored an OEM Mitsubishi IAC for his Evo through Standard Products as well. The one claiming Standard Products spider was inferior has probably never held one in his own hands to realize it is the OEM part or atleast was a year ago. I personally would not lose any sleep using the Standard Products spider, the one I installed in my friends Yukon a year ago is still going strong.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: