Spider Injector Comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikwallace

Reaction score
I'm in the process of ordering the fuel injector converting to the MPI and have read several threads on the process. I've seen on several different forums recommendation for the injector parts and seems like the consensus is either use the AC Delco or the Delphi part. Here's the question:

Which part to use:

ACDelco 217-3029 GM Original Equipment Fuel Injector Kit with Bracket - $271

or

Delphi FJ10566 Fuel Injector SCPI to MFI Conversion Assembly - $421

My gut feeling says use the AC Delco part, but many on this site recommend the Delphi.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
I used the Delphi unit due to me getting a employee discount but I see nothing wrong with the ACDELCO part.I read a few reviews on Summit & Amazon and all were positive re:the ACDELCO spider.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used the Delco version and had no issues with it.

Don't forget to replace the little o-rings where the two fuel lines connect. They come with the Delco kit but are easy to forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
I just installed the ACDelco 217-3029 in my '96 5.7l a few weeks ago and seems fine.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've tried both as well as the Standard Motor products versions. They physically appear identical. I'm currently running the Standard Motor one in the Yukon.

tinfoil_hat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was looking into this myself recently. RockAuto lists four options: Delphi, Delco, Standard, and I forget the fourth... maybe Airtex/Wells. There's about a $200 price difference from low to high. A few things I have gathered in my research: The Delphi is the true OEM part. The Delco is a reboxed unit. It might be the exact same part as one of the cheaper alternatives just in a Delco box. Apparently this is true of most Delco products. One of the cheaper units (Standard, I think) required it's own bracket for an additional $20. You can also find the Delphi unit on eBay for quite a bit cheaper than Rock or Amazon.
One last thing. At that price point I'm wondering if the Delco part you have listed might be the OE CFI unit, not the MPI upgrade. edit: Nope. that's the right part# for the Delco upgrade.

Last edited:

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
The OE unit uses pressure-actuated poppets. After 2 or 3 warranty services including high pressure system purge/flush, stealerships installed the spider with the electrically-actuated injectors. I tried one of the cheaper ones, and wound up with a Delphi after the cheaper one took a crap on me.

wheelman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IT IS EITHER PAY NOW OR PAY LATER..MOST TIMES..BUT SOME TIMES.YOU HAVE TO PUT IN A TON OF LABOR.REDOING..GET ME..