Sorenson vortec MPFI Conversion spider assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Has anyone used this item? I have a #2 misfire condition and just installed this piece, it is brand new, within 30 miles of drive time, the part failed.

Anyone?

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i just did mine and and got the one made by delphi (gm) got it thru my local parts store by any chance did you get that thru autozone?

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have had a few of those go bad from autozone a couple of v8 ones and a v6 unit,see if you can get a delphi or standard makes one also that is good

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
:)I put one in from O'Rielly's and never had a prob. I have since done a couple from other places and no probs. I have it down to about 1.5 hrs to do one of these. Sounds like your going to get your practice in too.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
I already have the 2nd sorenson piece. It will go in, and if it fails, I'll replace with another manufacturer's part. Thanks for the replies, fellas.

chevyguy28

Reaction score
I got a dumb question.....how do you know when the spider unit is going or gone?

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
on the back of the intake where the vac line to brake booster connects you can remove that piece and look in with a flash light if its wet its leaking also look down thru the throttle body and see if its wet there

The Don

Reaction score
for those who think the spider is going bad don't forget to check your distributor gear for unusual wear, it will give you a misfire condition that feels like fuel but is actually just changing your ignition timing.:beatdeadhorse5: