Somewhat new guy from NC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello everyone, i havent made a proper introduction yet even though ive been on here for a few months now. I have used this forum for info on our trucks several times so im not new to the layout of the site. I have to say that gmt400s are probably my favorite more modern style of trucks and suvs because they simply look the best and have been the most reliable to me of all the other newer gm platforms.

Ive been around gmt400 trucks since i was born and had always liked these trucks over anything else. In fact, the first truck i remember was my dad's black 1989 regular cab Silverado Sportside 4x4 with a 350, a 5 speed and a dealership installed "heartbeat" package.

Unfortunately he had to sell the truck since i had a little brother on the way. He then purchased a 3 year old 1999 K1500 Suburban which became mine when i got my license. At the time i was really wanting a stepside silverado like my dad had, which was my dream truck.

Ironically, one of my dad's friends offered to sell his 1994 teal/silver two tone silverado rcss z71 to us for a very cheap price in 2012. At the time i just didnt have the money to buy it. About a year later, my grandpa decided to buy the truck, since he was needing something to haul his mower and other things with.

When we first went to look at the truck, it was pretty rough looking and worse than i thought it was. Between the tobacco spit all over the grey dash and carpet, the "rustmaster" exhaust, sagging driver door, broken door panel, and the huge crease in the passenger door, i began to think this wasnt going to be the truck i'd want in the future, but for the price and the fact it was a stepside, who could complain. Ive seen trucks far worse than this that people were asking 3-6 grand for.

After we brought it home, we gave it a very detailed cleaning, even taking the bench out to clean the carpet underneath. After we cleaned it, you couldnt even tell it was the same truck. We were able to fix the sag with no problem by installing new door pins. The only major things left was the door panel and exhaust.

We picked up a door panel from a truck with manual windows, but it works for now (grey is extremely hard to find for 88-94). Grandpa was wanting to put a factory exhaust back on the truck when i was begging for a flowmaster with side exits. Luckily for me, the local muffler shop only had one exhaust available for that truck: a super 40 flowmasters! My grandpa said he heard me step on it from his porch when i was at the end of the road which is about 2.5 miles from his house.

The truck is still a work in progress, but it suits me for now. I have come to love the truck and have had many memories with it in the first year of driving it. My grandpa and i take turns each week driving it, since it is still his, but i know one day, hopefully many, many years down the road, it will be mine.

Last edited:

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will post pics of my suburban and the silverado later. They are under my pictures in my profile.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do you post pics using tapatalk? I have a samsung galaxy.

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Welcome!

Pictures, when posted from tapatalk, don't come out with the same quality that the picture was taken. If you have them on your phone, I recommend emailing them to yourself and then getting them on the computer and posting using imgur or photobucket. That's what I do since I take most my pictures with my phone, but tapatalk destroys their quality when posted.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome!

Pictures, when posted from tapatalk, don't come out with the same quality that the picture was taken. If you have them on your phone, I recommend emailing them to yourself and then getting them on the computer and posting using imgur or photobucket. That's what I do since I take most my pictures with my phone, but tapatalk destroys their quality when posted.
ok, thanks! itll be a while before i have computer access to do this.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im having trouble trying to upload images on my pc. Is there any other way to insert images other than by using the insert button?