Something is wrong with my lt headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I installed my long tube headers and I tried to see if I could do the exhaust myself but my drivers side header hangs down farther than the passenger side and whatever pipe I attach to the collector it hits the trans crissmember. What could possibly be wrong?

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What headers did you get??? You do get what you pay for keep in mind... But if its a reputable brand I'd give them a call. But also check your motor mount on the side that hits. If its bad it may have dropped low enough to make a difference in a bad way.

Sent from what use to be a great country.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They are hooker long tube headers. Everyone uses them. Ill check the motor mpunt

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
I hare the same problem with my Hedmans pass header was perfect drivers side went straight into the cross member. They do sell header pipes to comp for that if it wasn't a mount issue.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Were your headers long tubes? Also what do you mean they sell header pipes to comp?

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Yes they were Hedman long tubes. And on summit the have header collectors that have an s bend to clear crossmembers. I dint use them but it would have made building the rest of the exhaust ten times easier