SoCal: 1996 Tahoe 2dr sport 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Clean title
Odometer shows 125,000 miles
Z71, 3.73 gears w/G80 locker, Leather, Power everything, Keyless entry,etc etc fully loaded for 1996
3rd owner, never smoked in. The 2nd owner was my older brother (I'm 30). Together we have owned it since 1998 or 1999

Parts with under 3000 miles on them:
New (vortec 5.7L) Crate engine, it had a date stamp of 2005 at the rear
-Every sensor was replaced with brand new OE from dealer, every bolt and bracket was sand blasted and repainted black
-new radiator, aux trans cooler, trans cooler lines, belts, hoses, etc...everything basically is new
MPFI injector upgrade
Gibson CA legal stainless shorty headers
Magnaflow CA legal high flow stainless cat midpipe
Magnaflow stainless catback
Airaide intake
Underdrive pulley's
AD-244 alternator (160 amps vs 105 amps for a stock one) - stock under 2000 miles on it alternator also included
Hypertech 160* powerstat thermostat
Mark8 electric fan, temp or a/c controlled for low speed, high speed on a manual override
-(the fan honestly never runs unless sitting stationary in traffic or you have the a/c on, I have LED indicators setup on the dash to see when it's running)
Hypertech Power programmer III handheld tuner, 87 octane tune is applied now

Under 1000 miles on the 4l60e transmission which was rebuilt by "All About Transmissions" in Ventura, CA, at a cost of $2000. Everything was upgraded.
-4l65e spec hard parts upgrade, beast sunshell, transgo hd2 valvebody/shift kit, corvette servo's, kevlar clutch bands, rebuilt torque converter, etc etc etc
-They also went through the transfer case and replaced the seals at the same time
Front brake pads are new, the rotors were turned at the same time, the rear drums have just been adjusted as well.

The truck also has the "4hi" headlight relay mod, so the low beams stay on with the high beams. And it has a factory BMW HID projector retrofit done to the low beams, basically I mounted BMW projector lenses cut in behind the stock headlights.

Interior, stereo, and everything else is all stock. The truck has the original paint and it does show some scratches and parking lot dings, and I think a softball hit the roof at some point in the past (small round ding). The drivers seat bottom has a few tears. The steering has some play in it which appears to be from the idler arm. The tires look to have 40-50% tread left, they are stock sized 265/75R16 BFG A/T KO tires on the stock 6 lug wheels.

The front grill and bumper are off my old `97 GMC Sierra, the truck was in a minor bump that bent the bumper and cracked the old grill, it was so minor that the airbags didn't go off and no paintwork was required but I suppose still worth mentioning - and that's why it doesn't have the factory argent sport grill and bumper, though I do still have the factory red outlined black bowtie if you want to put a chevy grill up front. It just happened to need the new front end parts at the same time my old truck was rearended and totalled so we stole the good parts off my old truck to clean this one up. I think a few coats of charcoal colored plasti-dip spray on the grill and bumper would make the front end look even better but I just don't care much about cosmetics other than weekly washes and monthly waxes.

Just passed smog, just paid registration through 2014, ready for sale.

I am asking for $8500 obo, shipping can be arranged at buyers expense. I am located in Camarillo, CA which is about 45 minutes north of LA and 45 minutes south of SB.
The only loose ends to take care of right now, is although I replaced every item in the A/C system with new - I still need to purchase a drier and have the system charged up, the ABS light is light throwing a code for the drivers side ABS sensor - which means the sensor either needs to be unbolted and the contact cleaned/greased, or that hub needs to be replaced, the coolant is all distilled water right now as I wanted to run through a tank of gas to make sure there's no leaks before switching to coolant, and I will be changing the diff oil on both diffs. At that point every fluid and filter on the truck will be new.

Other than that it's good to go, I've been driving it to work daily for 3 weeks now and have taken it on 2 longer trips, which were about 20 miles each way all at 75mph/freeway speeds and it runs and drives like a brand new truck.

Last edited:

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Too bad I'm not closer. Michigan. GLWS. beautiful truck.

Tyler/T-Unit

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
wow that's so clean I love it itd make a great DD and also idk if ive ever seen a stock stereo that isn't missing any knobs lol GLWS

Blind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hah, thank you I think it would make a great DD for somebody for years, I just have too many cars (5 right now!) and I ride a bike to work during the week.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
hah, thank you I think it would make a great DD for somebody for years, I just have too many cars (5 right now!) and I ride a bike to work during the week.

I would keep it and sell something else. Just my

Tyler/T-Unit