So I just bought a dually.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
So I just bought a 94 ext cab, 6.5 turbo diesel, with manual transmission from my next door neighbor for $1000 a couple hours ago. Body on it is straighter than my 93 and the interior is dirty but should clean up real nice. Now the reason it was so cheap, it won't start. The guy parked it to change the fuel filter and it would start after that. It has a new lift pump on it and it turns over alright but idk about diesels lol.

If I can get it running good this will get two toned like my 93 and used as a tow pig.

You must be registered for see images attach

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
Thanks. from what I am reading the fuel system prob needs primed gonna try that tomorrow and hope it cranks up.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Prime it up, hold the pedal to the floor crank her up and watch her smoke! Or at least that how I get my dads dodge running after a filter change! Goodluck and congrats on a good buy!!!

Snotrocket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Jump the lift pump and open the bleeder on the top of the filter housing.

Just because the lift pump is new doesn't mean it's working. It's controlled by the oil pressure sensor on that year of truck if I remember correctly.

It could be a bunch of other things but if he really just changed the filter and it wouldn't start I would start there first.

Don't crank on it to long at one time and take frequent breaks between crankings. The starter on a 6.5 is pretty pricey and is a bit of a pain to replace.

If it's air locked really bad you may have to crack an injector line to get it going.

Here is a thread to show you how to jump the lift pump.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459681&highlight=jump+lift+pump

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Im not sure about these motors but i know on cummins you have to crack all of the injector lines to prime it

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Nice buy. Are you going to make a build thread for it or put it here?

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
That's an awesome deal for $1k.