small vs typical sized cb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a uniden cb which is the standard old size. Its a newer radio though so internally its the same as a smaller unit I have. Is there any down side to have a smaller radio? I can fit the small one where the factory cd player was so that is desireble. But if its going to sound worse for what ever reason than the bigger one, I'll deal with the not so clean installation. The reason I ask is I think I heard rumor way back when that smaller units have more noise in the background

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would vote for the smaller cb, since it will fit where the cd player was, I don't like thing's mounted to the dash externally, plus you could take your smaller cb to a cb shop and have peaked and tweaked to really put out some power.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the newer ones are all digital so most places wont tweak the internals.... BUTTTTTT you can get external devices that will do the same thing. You are thinking exactly what I am thinking. I know the bigger one is a more expensive unit, but I like clean installs.