Small black box on frame?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive been wanting to post this for a while now but kept forgetting. But now that its on my mind ill ask. When I had to do my rear brake line I noticed a small black box on the drivers side frame rail at the back of the truck. Almost at the bumoer mount. It has some wires going to it. It almost looks like a reverse "beeper" alarm but if it is it doesnt work. And I also saw the same thing, new but not installed on the parts shelf at school. I have no idea what it is and if its factory. Its a 95 rclb. I would poat pics but theres snow on the ground and im lazy. I can get pics tomorrow if needed.

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dont think its a brake controller. I will try and get pics tomorrow. Unless I can find some now online

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found a similar looking thing online. It looks similar to this.
You must be registered for see images attach

And thats a reverse warning beeper. So maybe it is that. But it doesn't work if it is. Ill try and get a better look at it tomorrow and get some pics.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
easy way to find out if its a backup alarm... run a hot lead to it and ground it out and see if it beeps in your ear. I'm gonna guess if it is one it is probably just disconnected

MNZ71

Reaction score
The pic you posted is a back up alarm so that's what I'd guess is in your truck.

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heres the pic. Its definitely a backup alarm. I didnt test it but its literally the same one as I posted before.
You must be registered for see images attach

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Yup. Reverse beeper.

~Via Mobile