Sloppy shifter - manual

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kyotey1693

Reaction score
The Core shifter's arms are interchangeable with several others that they offer. They seem like pretty decent guys to work with. Maybe you could exchange the one that you have.
Did you get the one with the short throw? -30% Is what they advertise.
This was supposed to be a Christmas present from M&D to me, but they are sold out until just before then. With shipping, I probably won't get it till the second week of January. Aaargh!

You'll love it when you finally get it. Yes I got the short throw. I considered changing the stick but it's hard to know which one to get unless you can actually try it first. Kinda like ordering shoes w/o trying them on. But I'm pretty much used to it now and barely notice it anymore.

You must be registered for see images attach

kyotey1693

Reaction score
Core also offers the ball that fits on the end of the shifter which fits into a cup inside the tranny. These wear out. GM no longer offers them. Apparently this helps to cure a bunch of the sloppiness.

Yep. Mine came with a new one.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
So I got an email from Chris @ CORE, yesterday A.M. Says he went through some of the inventory & has got enough individual pieces to make me up a shifter. Exactly what I want, with the reduced throw & a white shifter ball! $285.00 shipped. H3LL Yeaaa! Paid by paypal right then!
This morning, the first email I get is telling me that he built it, & it's already shipped! With a tracking #. Should have it between the 14th & the 20th. Along with a new S. wheel & a bit of a seat mod, it'll be like drivin' a different truck!

kyotey1693

Reaction score
Bearcat - Install was a piece of cake. Couldn't have been simpler.

Sewlew - Let us know how you like it when you get it installed and pics of course

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When my truck needs a new clutch, when I pull the trans, Im gonna have to look into something like this. Currently my the shifter has more plat while in gear, than my car does in neutral.